Allstate Motor Club Roadside Assistance Review
FREE Car Insurance Comparison
Compare quotes from the top car insurance companies and save!
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Mar 13, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We partner with top insurance providers. This doesn't influence our content. Our opinions are our own.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by insurance experts.
The Allstate Motor Club, affiliated with Allstate Insurance Company, is celebrating its 50th anniversary with a television based marketing push. Established in 1961, the Allstate Motor Club was the original national motor club offering roadside assistance to drivers.
I know what you’re thinking…we’ve got it backwards, and mean to say AAA! Rest assured, we’ve done the research and mean to say Allstate Motor Club.
Sounds like AAA Motor Club got the jump from an advertising standpoint, as the Allstate Motor Club, with over 1,000,000 members, is not widely recognized. Thus the television ad campaign!
What’s the Deal with Allstate Motor Club?
- Aside from providing 24/7 roadside assistance
- Allstate Motor Club includes travel discounts
- Savings at retail stores and online
- And even legal defense, similar to the many perks offered via an AAA membership
How is “Allstate Roadside Assistance,” provided by the Allstate Motor Club, different than other roadside assistance programs? Long story short; it’s not really.
It is, however, a comprehensive program, which offers a couple distinct membership plans that allow their insured (and non-Allstate customers alike) the flexibility to choose what level of travel protection they need.
They used to offer five plans with similar coverage available, just higher “limits” of coverage the more you go up the chain. Now they offer just two.
One plan is designed for just cars and one for cars AND motorcycles and RVs (2018 prices):
– Roadside Advantage Plan – $52 per year Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates. Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
– Platinum Elite Plan – $99 per year
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Here is the bread-and-butter service of the program:
– 24 hour emergency services – lock out, tow, flat tire and gas delivery (fuel at member’s expense)
– Roadside assistance – although listed separately from “24 hour emergency service,” further review demonstrates this element of the program is the same item, just listed separately by program to show the value of the coverage (either $100 or $250 benefit max based on plan )
– Arrest bond certificate – Hopefully you won’t need this. Let’s just leave it at that.
– Trip interruption – certain expenses (meals, lodging) paid as a result of an accident, or disablement on more expensive plans, when you are over 100 miles from your home
Assuming you go with the Platinum Elite plan, the ante is upped by adding Personal Assist 24/7 Concierge, My AutoExpert™ (repair and referral services), Road Hazard benefit (payment for a flat or replacement tire), and free CARFAX® vehicle report.
The benefits are also higher for Platinum Elite versus Roadside Advantage. For example, the max benefit for trip interruption is $750 for the cheaper plan and doubles to $1,500 for the more expensive version.
And as mentioned, you get the motorcycle and RV coverage, should you be operating something other than a passenger automobile.
What Else Do I Get with a Allstate Motor Club Membership?
- You can save on hotel stays at some 80,000 properties worldwide
- Access flight deals and special vacation packages
- Get upgrades and free rental days when you rent a car
- And get discounts on oil changes, auto parts, and even savings at amusement parks, movie theaters, and sporting events
The Allstate Motor Club has partnered with some travel and retail shopping partners to offer discounted services and products.
One has to become a member to get the exact details of the companies and discounts, but “up to 50%” in discounts are touted on the website for the following retail & entertainment categories (think Diners Club):
– Automotive, dining, health & beauty, movies, recreation, services and shopping
As if that weren’t enough, you can also book travel, rent a car, and reserve lodging using software on their website.
Additionally, Allstate Motor Club offers assistance with researching and purchasing a vehicle should you need it (if you opt for the higher end package). They refer to this as their “Allstate car buying service” in commercials.
They claim that their “hassle-free” service offers members the chance to save thousands off the manufacturer’s suggested retail price of a new vehicle. And that Allstate Motor Club members gain access to an exclusive network of Certified Dealers.
Spoiler alert. They just send you through TrueCar, which may or may not save you money depending on who you talk to.
Final Word on Allstate Motor Club
- If cost is no object and you think the benefits are something you’ll actually use
- The Allstate Motor Club might be a no-brainer for you
- But keep in mind that many credit card issuers and even car companies
- Offer similar services on a complimentary basis
If you are the type of person who says, “I don’t care what it costs, I’d rather be worry free on the road than worry about money,” Allstate Roadside Assistance may be for you.
At the end of the day, all the roadside assistance services tied to this program are readily available from most other car insurance companies, so nothing too earth shattering there.
On top of that, all the additional services offered (at additional expense) are available for free by utilizing the internet, i.e. researching/booking flights and rental cars as well as finding discounted services and auto finance calculators.
Many of the services are also offered by certain credit card companies for free as part of their card member agreements. Be sure to check with your credit card company before giving away your money.
Sticking with a basic roadside assistance program might be the best option for most motorists.
All of the bells and whistles of the program add more to your tab, but can be obtained for free with equal or slightly more effort using a smartphone.
In summary, let roadside assistance be roadside assistance. To that end, know that Allstate also offers straight up roadside coverage to its auto insurance customers for an additional fee, along with pay-per-use “Good Hands Rescue” to those who only want to have help at the ready if and when needed.
– Allstate Motor Club offers roadside assistance AND a bunch of other stuff you may not need.
– Good Hands Rescue offers on-demand roadside assistance with no membership fee, pay only when you actually need help.
– Roadside Coverage can be added to your auto policy if you’re insured with Allstate for an additional cost paid via your premium.
Be sure to check with an independent insurance agent to ensure you receive the best deal on both your auto insurance and roadside assistance coverage.